MapScenes Forensic CAD & Capture

Welcome to the MapScenes Desktop product feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

How can we improve MapScenes Forensic CAD?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Capture Animation - Lighting Effects

Add lighting effects into 3D CAD and Animation. If we have a nighttime scene we want to animate or view in 3D we need tools to add lighting effects - headlights and streetlights.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about updating your symbol library?

Your symbol library is horrible. I spend more time creating my own symbols so that it doesn't look like a 2nd grader did them. The symbols look cartoonish.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Data Integrity - Disto/manual entry measurements

The Active Measurement Editor is excellent for disclosing our raw measurement data for court. Unfortunately it doesn't display our raw data if we use a Disto and/or manual entry of measurements for direction and distance. It will display the appropriate data for Trilateration but nothing if we input strictly a direction and distance.
    We often use Disto/manual entry of data for indoor scenes and it is imperative that we can properly disclose our measurement data for court.
    Can the Active Measurement Editor please be modified to include manually entered/Disto points in their raw form - angle/direction and distance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Active Point Editor - timestamps

Since EvR timestamps each point as it is collected, it would be nice if I could see that info in MapScenes, preferably in a new column in the Active Editor. As it is, I have to open the EvR project's .dbf file in Excel to get this info.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AutoMAP: draw linework in explicit color

Since I began using MapScenes in 2001, the AutoMAP system draws all linework in the logical color BYLAYER. Effectively, this precludes having AutoMAP linework of different colors placed on a single layer. If the AutoMAP routine were changed to draw each entity in the explicit color specified for that object in its AutoMAP entry, we'd have the best of both worlds: traditionalists could set up their AutoMAP file to draw in color BYLAYER, and set their layer colors in a template, while the rest of us would get our AutoMAP entities drawn in the color that we specify, on the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show Reload in View Toolbox for Pointclouds

in the View Toolbox, once the number of points from the camera view has been set, you need to make a change to one of the settings to get the option to Reload. That might be better to be always visible since the amount of points will change with the camera's view/zoom changed. Ideally, it would be better to load a lot more points since you have to keep reloading every time you move to a new area but at least you would save a few point clicks this way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better Cutting Box Controls

When you want to move the cutting cube, you have to toggle the apply button on and off, readjust and then apply once again. I think it would be better to have both a “visible” and “apply” checker boxes. This way, you could just make it visible again. If the user moves the cutting box then it will reapply the new cutting box if the "apply" button is checked..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable vertical text for all fonts

In 2010 text could be placed vertically in any font. 2013 indicates not all fonts are available for this feature. TTF will not go vertical. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Map Scenes "active measurement editor" to properly display the application prism, and instrument prism offsets accurately.

Enable Map Scenes "active measurement editor" to properly display the application prism, and instrument prism offsets accurately. I am using a -30mm prism with a Leica Flexline TS02 instrument, with EVR v. 10-2 as my collector software. I have programed EVR with a Leica constant of 4.4mm, and I achieve a proper measurement; however, the active measurement editor indicates an application prism of 4.4mm, and the instrument prism as unknown. Can this issue be addressed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Independent point descriptions to be visible while holding objects and zooming When holding an object and zooming the IPD dissapear?

For some reason when holding an object to move it i.e. car etc. and zooming in and out the IPD disappear. Which makes it difficult to then determine exactly where it needed to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Double / single mouse click feature for grips & more info in Property Box

With grips off a single click on an entity would access the properties box a double click would access the grips box. An addition to the property's box information would be to include the H dist and S dist, slope angle and % grade for an entity
    Also change the grip colors to start green end red. arrows to remain Blue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SyncWizard - renumber points on import

I have on several occasions had to import multiple EvR projects referenced to common control to a MapScenes drawing, but within which there were duplicated point numbers (i.e., both EvR users started their point IDs at the default of 100). A great addition to MapScenes to address this issue would be the ability to re-number (or add an increment to the point IDs of) the subsequent EvR projects as they are imported in SyncWizard. The current point protection routine does allow me to do this, but an batch-processing solution during import would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MapScenes Forensic CAD & Capture

Feedback and Knowledge Base