MapScenes Evidence Recorder

Welcome to the MapScenes Evidence Recorder feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

How can we improve Evidence Recorder?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Send deleted files to the recycle bin

When deleting a scene file it would be nice if they went to the recycle bin. In the event a scene file gets inadvertently deleted prior too uploading to Mapscenes it would be nice to be able to recover the file.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default the plate setting selection to "do not modify"

The plate setting selection after an orienting procedure (backsight or resection) does not affect the orientation of the project. It only determines whether (and what) Hz angle is uploaded to the instrument. A problem can arise if the user turns the instrument off the backsight target before picking Accept when Set Azimuth or Set Zero are selected. Worse, this always the case during resection, when EvR automatically designates the first observed point as the backsight. To avoid orientation errors of this type, the plate setting should default to Do Not Modify for all orienting procedures, unless the user specifically selects…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow "Plate Settings" to default to [SET TO DIRECTION]

After "Observing Backsight" and before accepting the observation under "Plate Settings", allow the default to be [SET TO DIRECTION] and not just [SET TO ZERO]. While surveyors prefer "Set to Zero" for Collision Reconstruction we "Zero Set" to magnetic north and then enter our backsight coordinates. Allowing it to default saves a step and reduces operator error.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MS Transfer - project folder

When multiple versions of EvR are installed on a device, Transfer automatically opens the scenes folder of the most recent version. This behavior can't be changed with the button in the Transfer application window, as the tooltip suggests.

(build date 12/17/10)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Default starting point ID

I'd like to be able to specify a default starting point ID for all projects in the msurvey.ini file. I know I can just change it in the Next ID field (if I remember to), but it would be oh-so-easier to have the ability to set a default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SP records in the raw file

Currently, when a user changes a point's description in EvR's coordinate database, an SP record is written to the raw data file. A problem arises when the raw data file must be edited and re-coordinated, because the SP record causes MapScenes to over-write the re-coordinated XYZ data with the original coordinates. If no other way can be found to change the coding in the raw file, I'd suggest just writing code changes as a note record.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Point ID assignment

1. I'd suggest that the min and max point ID range that the user can specify in the msurvey.ini file be made a "soft" range. In other words, EvR would automatically assign the next available number from this range (as it does now), but users could enter point IDs outside the range either by manual entry or by reading in ASCII text (i.e., control points). This would be useful for projects involving multiple instruments using common control, where duplicate point numbers must be avoided between instruments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. EvR point labeling

IMHO, I disagree with the removal of the point label controls from the View toolbar in 7.1x I frequently switch between point IDs and descriptions, depending on what I'm trying to accomplish, and moving the labeling controls to the program settings makes this harder. I would have preferred the ability to set default labeling settings in msurvey.ini, with the ability to change them in the current program iteration via the toolbar buttons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. AutoMAP: user-defined descriptions

In recent versions of EvR (since 4.0, I believe), when PromptNewDesc=NO in msurvey.ini and a user-defined code is entered, the code is not saved to the project's AutoMAP file, and any linework associated with the point has "NoDesc." Not sure exactly when this changed, but I think the previous behavior is more appropriate - I mean, why would a user NOT want to add a new code to the project's automap? In any case, I'd suggest either that the code automatically be saved to the AutoMAP file (the previous behavior), OR that the user-defined code be applied to any associated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Running vs temporary HT

EvR provides the user the ability to set a temporary HT, and select to use it for the next shot only. For as long as I can remember, when the 'use for next shot only' option is selected during a backsight shot, the running HT is set to the temporary value. Many of us use a different target (i.e., mini-prism) fixed at the backsight, with an HT that differs from the "main" target. I would like to be able to use the "use for next shot only" for those shots without affecting the current running HT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keyboard shortcuts re: EDM modes

The new EDM mode button in EvR7 is a big help when changing the instrument's EDM mode. However, mapping the device's hardware keys to change modes is even quicker, especially since there are normally only two modes that are commonly used - IR Std and RL Std. A problem arises when users frequently employ more than one type/model of instrument. Since the keyboard shortcuts are saved in the msurvey.ini file separate from the instrument profile, the user can only set up EvR for one instrument. If the shortcut/button mappings relating to the EDM modes were moved to the instrument profile,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Leica Flexline EDM modes

I suggest that the EDM modes in the Leica Flexline driver be renamed to "Prism" or "P" (from "IR Std") and "Non-Prism" or "NP" (from "RL Std") to be consistent with Leica's terminology (and because both are RL).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MapScenes Evidence Recorder

Feedback and Knowledge Base