How can we improve MicroSurvey FieldGenius?

FG license checkout

With the advent of windows CE on some total stations it would be great if we could swap our license from a hand held data collector that we may be using for GPS to onboard window data collection on a total station. MSCADD used to have this checkout feature prior to the dongle and this would be a great option.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Parrella shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Parrella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there a way that only a portion of the software could be used on different collectors? Say I wanted to use FG as my onboard data collection package nad I wanted to just use the GPS portion on my JETTCE. Is this something that may be possible?

• AdminDarcy Detlor (President, MicroSurvey Software Inc.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is an interesting idea, but unfortunately not possible. These devices have internal serial numbers. Once you have a password for the device it can be reused indefinitely.

If we give you a password for both devices, then you can install on both. There is no way to disable a device, because all you have to do is hard boot it an it is brand new again.

Nothing will be stored on the device to prevent you from reusing the password again and reactivating the software.

Feedback and Knowledge Base