MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

1. Mapping grid

When producing a mapping grid. It would be nice under Grid design to have other option of just put a grid mark around the perimeter with its text label. And another option to have the + sign at certain intersection, say every 5th. As at the moment you just have to delete the ones you don't want.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove bearings/distances from database

Would be nice to have 'select all' in the remove bearing and remove distance from database commands. When I have a plan finished, I don't want to have to worry about the bearing and text edits I've done for comparing to other plans change if I rescale or erase a line that I wanted the dimensions to stay.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we have the ability in the Automap Library to assign colours to symbols?

When using the Automap Library to create layers, if your first point is for a symbol to be inserted on a new layer, the layer is created but white. However, if you have as your first point for that layer without a symbol, you can assign the new layer to be any colour you want. It would be very cohesive for users to be able to assign a colour to layers created by symbols, similar to nodes, descriptions, lines, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create *.tn3 files based off *.qsb files

I have multiple Contractors that use Topcon equipment in there excavators, I would love to be able to convert my surface qsb file to a tin (*.tn3) file that they can utilize.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Leave entity snaps alone when running different functions.

For example, when i run 2-point inverse my entity snaps automatically change to endpoint, point and intersection. This is very frustrating as the 2-point inverse won't even let me inverse from the end of a line. It would be nice if the program would either just leave the snaps alone or at least only enable the snaps that make sense for a function.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically Save files in parent folder of drawing

When saving/exporting and ascii file, or dxf or any other file, the save box come up and most of the time has as the 'save in' option to a previous folder and not the same folder that the drawing you are working on is in.
    Is there anyway that when saving any files, the default 'save in' folder is the same and the drawing folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Editing Contours

Make editing contours a lot easier by when generating them have them come in as line strings so if you have to tweek or crop them to say a retaining wall or culvert you don't have to explode it. Makes editing faster and more efficient.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Ghosting" Ms-Point Numbers, Point Nodes

Hi I work in high rise residential concrete form work.My proposal is as feature called GHOSTING.This feature is designed for the purpose of hiding the Ms points on the screen and when printing out a layout page. Ex. high rise has many floor levels and in many jobs the level are differed from one to the other. Working on level 1 layout of wall/cols, and slab edge, Ms points are created for layout purposes. Now level two, importing or transferring the same Csv. file from level one with all data base coordinates unchanged to level two, the walls/cols, and SE…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print to PDF

Ability to print out a drawing a PDF with the ability to select and deselect layers in the resulting PDF, similar to what Civil 3D has.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rotate Bearing on Curves in COGO

When the bearing rotation is applied it should be applied to curves as well as straight lines. This doesn't happen at the moment so you have to enter in the cord bearing as if a straight line and then add in your curve.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a "quick pick" bearing and or distance.

okay so what I envision is is a little box about the size of the "hot toggles" box.

This would have a greid in it, with 4 "lines"
    each line has a name, that you can define with what ever you want it could be "1-30" or "SE" or "north section road" or anything.

THEN in cogo when asks for either a bearing or distance, you can click this box , and it would enter for you either the bearing or distance as the case may be.

A curve might also be used.

The problem this would solve is this..... …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for network license for all users on a computer

Currently when using a network license, the server name has to be input for each user who logs into the computer. So when an admin installs the software, the user still has to know where to get the license and key this in. I found that when looking for a network license, a file is read to determine the server name. This file is stored under the User's AppData folder, which is specific to the user logged in. I tried placing a copy in the Default User's AppData folder, but it did not work. I would like to either have…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Help tips library

As you help out people, using the short movies you create, put them all in one spot that we could access and see if you haven't already solved our propblem when you helped someone previously.

It might save some aggravation on our part, and yours.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix point creation workflow for surveyors who work mostly in 3D.

After picking a location in model space. The "Store and Edit Points" dialog box automatically highlights the description box which is fine. However, when I press tab it should immediately go to the elevation box to enter an elevation. We do a lot of construction where we have to create grade points for the surveyor from a PDF or incompatible CAD program. The number of points is usually in the hundreds, sometimes thousands.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. edition your software‘s book to Persian language

I am Saeed Keramat , university student in branch of surveying engineer from Iran. i worked by several designing software such as (land desktop-2000-2009 & SDR Map 6.5 and more ...) ;
    I had acquainted with your software about 3 months ago.it have easy usage for anybody and with creativity designing. In cause I am translating application help into Farsi
    Also a exposition will establish in Iran. So I want edition your software‘s book to Persian language and also I want you let me represent your software in surveying Exhibition
    If you tend i can send you this translate files…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add to MS Text Tool - Change Case Option

Add a command button to allow changing case of text from all lower to UPPER, etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add curve, tangent to point

Create a command similar to the AutoCAD function curve to point. This is to create a curve from a tangent through a point. IE: I have two points on a right of way connected via a tangent and an arc. I can create the tangent (and the corresponding calculated point) and then create a curve off that tangent that would go through the other point.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Drawing comments

An area inside of the Microsurvey drawing in order to explain a boundary fix/other issues within the drawing. Perhaps a pop up when you open the drawing stating that it has comments attached to it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. write for mac

your considering field genius for the iphone, don't stop there, write for autocad for mac

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MicroSurvey CAD

Feedback and Knowledge Base