MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

1. Deleting outside of a window

I was a Microstation user, and there was a command that allowed you to create a window within your drawing, and then delete everything outside of that window. All line work (other than polylines) would be cut at the extents of the window unless frozen or locked. I would love to see that function in Microsurvey.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give us the ability to render an animation with a point cloud that has been clipped with your clipping box feature.

Please give us the ability to render an animation with a point cloud that has been clipped with your clipping box feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow network licences to be checked out.

It would be nice as a remote user to check a licence out from the network. A set amount of time would be ideal. Say 8-12 hours.

The problem currently is that if you drop network connection, even for a minute, Microsurvey will shutdown. I also suspect that the program is constantly calling home to the server to verify your licence, this I believe is causing stuttering(momentary freezing) in the program while it waits for the licensing server to respond.

On a WAN this is very frustrating as if your connection isn't rock solid, you get booted multiple times in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue with the MSCAD 2016 shutting down after a momentary network drop has been addressed in the upcoming MSCAD 2016 SP1 update so it will be more forgiving in this type of scenario.

However, I agree that checking out a network license would be a useful feature for many reasons and this is something we will be looking into in a future update.

4. Pipe Drawing Command with common angles predefined

it would be nice if in the drawing menu there was a feature that would only place common pipe fittings in the drawing without thinking 90,45,22.5 etc....so you could choose the angles faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User-friendly interface required..

Make it more user friendly, sometimes commands are difficult to find esp. for those who don't know many shortcuts. Otherwise, worked great for me ! yay

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IPD

IPD is a great tool, needs updating. When you have two or more shots on the same spot it becomes unreadable. My idea is that they can't colide with each other, thus making them readable again.

I know I can pull the text apart, but the reason in the first place years ago was to make points easy to read. This is Idea 3 so don't wast it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add prefix, suffix option to bearing labeling.

Add prefix, suffix option to bearing labeling. Under MSAnnotate > Labeling Defaults > Distance there is an option to add a prefix and a suffix to the distance text. Can you add the same option to the Bearing labeling defaults?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to "un-couple" the Microsurvey Cogo from the Cad. If I use the Cogo to show the Azm/dist and then want to rotate but keep the same

Be able to hold the AZm/dist text provided by the MS cogo function when you rotate a line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dtext - new option

New option for Dtext
    Width of text would be nice.
    Just add width and you can see before it written.
    The default would be 1

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The current version does not allow similtanious plane & Grid cordinate entry which is available on LISCAD

Liscad allows the user enter data either in plane or geod allowing a seamless transition from total station to GPS and back while maintaining
    ground bearings and distances. This allows for interchange of instruments without the need to do 3 point transformations. We are upgrading our equipment to Leica and from an efficiency perspective unless microsurvey can come up with a similar product we will be forced to purchase LISCAD instead

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add N & E label for point - build straight or curved leader option into this function

Same request for add Lat/Long label for point. These functions could probably be combined, streamlined and enhanced to be much more effective.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. EXPORT TO Google Earth option

The points are complete now.
    I would like the Micro Survey CAD 2015 removed.
    Give us the option to replace with another name.
    Example : Elliott and Parr Surveyors

You may be the ones that made it all possible, but do you
    want the problems that may happen with that point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enter custom label on line tables

I would like to be able to create a line table with a different letter than always having to use an L or a C. For instance when creating a line table for a road C/L I would like to set a default to place an R in the line table not an L. I like to use multiple tables with unique letters to be able to tell the difference from one table to another.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calculate distances with Scale Factor

It would great if when we use the command "dist" , it would give you the distance between points with or without scaled distance depending on what you need, or both distances.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. allow user defined annotation styles

allow an input format for annotation labels so the user can create map annotation in a style and layout they prefer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Compute Stakes - scale factor

I would like the "Compute Stakes" routines to use the input scale factor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. bring back the ability to switch between DMS and decimal degrees in ACE

Bring back the ability to switch between decimals degrees and DMS for lat/long coordinates in the active coordinate editor. It's a PITA to have to change the drawing units in order to see decimal degrees. Single checkbox functionality was in 2010. We moved to 2018 and lost it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automap & Linework

Would love to see an extra option in automap that would let us specify a distance between points to ignore drawing line work.

For instance, when I run automap, if our field crews have used the same code between finishing in one place and moving to another, I'll get lines that go across my drawing. I would like to be able to specify to the program that I would like it to ignore a distance of x between two point with the same codes.

So if they picked up a driveway using DWAT1 then moved down the road 50 meters…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MicroSurvey CAD

Feedback and Knowledge Base