MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Hold boundary for xml surfaces in Microsurvey

Currently xml surfaces in FieldGenius 8.0 do not hold the defined boundary and the outside of the surface is redrawn differenlty from the original surface. It can create some confusion on road corridors when the surface 'appears' different then the originally defined and limited surface.
    I'd like to see the xml boundary held and drawn as defined.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. wipeout text

A command that automatically adds a box around the text like it does labeling of elevations on Contour lines

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. cut sheet report

When creating a cut sheet report in MSCAD from a FG file, I would to have options as to what the report says. i.e. Design E - Design N - Asbuilt E –Asbuilt N –Delta E- Delta N- Hdist. And the Deltas to be from the Design to the AsBuilt. and the Asbuilt to Design.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add another TAB in the labeling defaults for setting up to 5 dimension styles

I believe that there should be another TAB in the labeling defaults specifically for dimension arrows and leaders where one can set things like the the style of arrow head, the offset distance from the line the dimension arrows are placed, toggle on or off extension lines, have a section for leaders where one can set size and stile of the arrowhead used for leaders, etc. There should also be the ability to set several styles of dimension arrows not just one because on a plan several styles are used.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Project Manager dialog improvement needed

The Project Manager dialog box needs to have the ability to display drawing files chronologically and not just alphanumerically

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to set an option for duplicate point tolerances in Microsurvey. I often import ASCI files wi

I have been trying to find out if there is a way to set options for duplicate point tolerances in Microsurvey. I often import ASCI files with a large number of calculated points that were exported originally from Microsurvey and then imported into our data collectors. However, our data collector rounds the numbers differently so when I import into Microsurvey an exported file from a data collector, the Point Protection Dialog box comes up for all of these calc points with errors of less than 1 mm. What I would like to do is set an option so that if…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Closures fine tuned

Allow bearings with no 00" to work.
    Change colour of closure to yellow or green, not red.
    Make second window of bearing and distance. Save file options, Name of project. Name of lots, Let all lots saved in a project file. I like to see 4 lot closures on one page and not 1 per page. Pick all ,pick C24 and it picks all the data that in the curve table.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Draw contour labels in the orientation from lower contour to higher contour

As a standard contour labels should be drawn in an orientation so they are readable from lower to higher. At the moment contour labels are always drawn that they are readable page up. This makes it hard to see straight away, where on the plan are the high points and where are the low points. Architects might disagree, as it doesn't look as nice, if the labels are upside down in some places, but I'm pretty sure it is more useful, when reading a plan.
    It should be possible from the TIN to determine, which side is up, so the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Connect Points by Description

Add a drop down menu next to the layer field where on can select a layer from the exising layers.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MS Survey - Drawing an Arc -

We need to develop a method of drawing an arc using the 2 end points of a given line and a radius. The radius can then be changed to give the arc different shape and size. Option should be included for long or short arc and should also allow for the arc to be flipped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Least squares improvement needed!

Only complaint I have about MSCAD, you REALLY need to get a good least squares routine in here for adjusting networks etc. Softdesk had great least squares back in 1995 but it's still lacking in MSCAD.
    Very frustrating to get told by your trainer to buy Starnet because yours is too quirky and difficult to get results with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Line Code Commands

I do have a few line coding questions.

1) A command to join to a point that is not before or after the point. For instance if I shoot a Power Pole and the later shoot a Overhead Elec. that is going to a structure is there a way to join them even though they will not be in any order?

2) Is there a command to shoot a offset left or right. For instance if I am shooting a Power Pole and I am unable to see because of a tree or something and I measure a foot or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AutoMAP Validation

I was creating an AutoMap points import file the other day. We had descriptions that had red, blue, and yellow withing them.

Using *BLU* and *RED* worked as expected, but using *YEL* did not. Come to find out, AutoMAP looks at a directive that starts with a Y to have something to do with XYZ and line work.

It would be great if the AutoMap set up screen would tell us that using x, y, or z, will may not give us expected results. If you can put a note on that dialog box, or some sort of validation, that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto Average Points

Working in high rise residential I'm setting up multiple targets on surrounding buildings. I must shoot the targets from multiple ground set-ups from ground controls given from the surveyor. When coordinating these targets from different set-ups I get slight errors in distance, elevation, and northing/eastings so I need to average these points. I do this manually. I would like to select the points in model space with window select or active coordinate editor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Selection Cycling

Selection Cycling allows one to see how many lines they have on top of each other, which is sometimes needed. Selection cycling allows one to select the linework they want to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dimensioning Consitancy in dealing with Bearings/Distances/Curves

Have 5 dim styles for bearings/distances and curves. Allow to switch between the different styles in one menu item, rather than the current three.
    Same with the Hot Toggles. Setup how to label the distances and bearings. both above/below the line instead of the default one per side. Control the placement in a similar fashion to the annotations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Select from saved Points - Coordinate Editor

In Coordinate Editor we select by Window and by description and more.
    There could be a big saving of time if we could save by last group of points that had been picked. Also save control point we pick every time in a Subdivision. We could then pick the saved points and then the few new points.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deleting outside of a window

I was a Microstation user, and there was a command that allowed you to create a window within your drawing, and then delete everything outside of that window. All line work (other than polylines) would be cut at the extents of the window unless frozen or locked. I would love to see that function in Microsurvey.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MicroSurvey CAD

Feedback and Knowledge Base