MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. CAD Line Computations - Scale issue

This request refers the CAD Line Computations when a line is selected. In the "Traverse" or "Turned Angle" routines there is an issue with the entered distance when using an input scale factor. If I enter a distance of 100 and select OK the distance changes to the scaled distance so If I use the same distance again I have to re-enter the distance or the distance will be scaled again. I would like the distance to remain 100 and have the scale calculations performed in the background.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Point Coding

Would like to see the ability to create custom point coding for AutoMAP line work other than the XYZ, SDR or AIMS methods. Being able to tell AutoMAP what coding to use for start or end line, curves, etc. would allow new users to have coding that fits their current field practice. Example:
    + Begin Line
    - End Line
    PC = Point of Curvature
    POC = Point on Curve
    PT = Point of Tangency
    / = Intersect
    * = Wildcard

This would save time for the field crews not having to learn a new coding method especially when running multiple…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. plss

Hi,

I am a CFedS in the States, which means I work in the US Public Land system and I use your software. Can you please implement the couple (really just a few) calculations necessary to restore corners in the PLSS?
    Great product by the way.

J. Alex Kelser, PLS, CFedS

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enclose Text with object like "tcircle"

creating a circle, slot or rectangle around text objects, like the "tcircle" command does in other CAD packages. Or even better create filled objects around text object, like a wipeout, but where you can select any colour for the wipeout.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Wet Land Hatch Pattern

Include a predefined Wet Land/Swamp Hatch Pattern with the rest of the hatch patterns already included with MSCAD 2010 & 2013.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option for incremental numbered descriptions

I am often shooting a set of targets, points or evidence that I would like to number starting from "1" or "A" up to as many points as I need. Usually this means that I have the description like "Target" followed by a number or letter. For example, "Target A". As I shoot each subsequent target, I need to keep incrementing the description, so I thought it might be easy enough to have a check box that automatically keeps incrementing the letter or number following the descriptor.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a method for displaying fractional dimensions

Canadian Surveyor, working primarily in metric. I'd like to be able to set up a "Distance Style" to display smart labels in architectural units, as in, feet and fractional inches. I can easily make a plot with scaled dimensions, but getting these to display correctly with fractions for a home builder is not so easy or convenient. I'd like to be able to easily do this without having to make a separate file, and completely changing the job configuration to do so.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatic station and offset table for service taps.

Need to automaticly create a table of station and offsets, based on road alignment, for service taps to water, storm and sanitary by picking an intersection (main line and tap) and/or the end of the service line.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. MATCH ENTITY COMMAND

This command would set the defaults in accordance with a pick of an existing screen item. Depending on the item picked the defaults- color, layer, linetype, text style, dimension style will be changed. It is a very effective tool to quickly change your defaults on the fly. This was very effective in GeneriCadd and would add value to Intellicad/MircoSurvey products. (It is very different from the existing PAINT command which can only match existing items with other existing items.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Global Mapper

When I use a USER Defined coordinate system Global Mapper does not run. Please add support for User Defined Systems.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can't connect NIKON NIVO 3C. I tryed with hirose cable from Sokkia and internal bluetooth. Field Genius 8 demo version

I can't connect NIKON NIVO 3C. I tryed with hirose cable from Sokkia and internal bluetooth. Field Genius 8 demo version. Please revise connection options when blocked screen for failure in touch screen!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import an ACSII file with a header line.

When importing an ACSII file allow an option to ignore lines such as a header line.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow different users to view colours differently on their screen

We have users that like to have different coloured graphic screen or sheet/layout colours. Is it possible to have it so that each individual computer can have a 'mask' for their colours? I.e. if we have layer 'BOUNDARY' as Blue in colour with our template, but John Smith likes it to be Magenta. It would be nice if there was a way for John Smith to have a mask in order to view Blue as Magenta without having to change the layer's colour. This is just to view on the screen, NOT for printing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. TEXT APPEND

Text append command would allow the user to pick an existing text line on screen. The routine would allow you start typing additional text (on screen) starting on the next line below the existing text. The newly typed text would naturally be the same text style, same height, color, layer and rotation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ACE Additions

1) The ability to select by common description. I know we can sort then select but this would be only one step.
    2) The ability to then place symbols and control their scale via those description selected. Sort of like AutoMAP but for small jobs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Project Manager window

A "delete" button would have been handy to delete projects that are not in use anymore instead of going through the "Regedit.exe application

Regards,

Laurent

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow customisation of decimal point in ASCII files

It would be really handy if the decimal point could be configured (per use or session) to use the period or comma character for the ascii files used to import points. That should be available regardless of the regional settings of the system, although the setting stored there could also be used as an initial option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MicroSurvey CAD

Feedback and Knowledge Base