How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

Add QC Reporting For Survey Data

This is a long topic and I hope others have some good ideas for reporting requirements.
All the data is there, I need to be able to check the quality of the data without reading all the traverse files line by line, especially in large projects.

RTK Reporting
I would like to be able to select any point and view:
Antenna Height
RMS
Solution type (fixed, float etc)
#SV's
Time
Vector data and precision
Traverse file name

Conventional
Measurement info
Reduced HZ,VA,SD,HD
Standard deviation of measurement set
Traverse file name

I would like to be able to generate various reports like:

-check point reports
-reduced measurement data (conventional)
-Report comparing all traverse file data vs current drawing data
-All float points or fixed points.
-Points that don't meet an RMS criteria
-RTK point derivation and quality
-Offset points

I would like to use this data to be able to select points. For instance, select TR points, Float points, or SK points.

I would like to be able to view the vector data graphically.

Thats a start.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ryan Doherty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Riggins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see as part of the reporting a Sets of Angles report as we use this program from Leica and with that have the ability to remove any set that might be suspect or is not within spec for the project.

• David Sherman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must! I wrote an external program to extract some of the same information because it was not available within StarNet. When dealing with very large GPS campaigns it is very important to know the number of GPS occupations per station - and on which dates they occured. Also, the duration of the GPS observations in time - and whether or not there are assoicated terrestrial observations to the same GPS point.

• Ron Mak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is interesting. I currently do most or all of this in either my GPS processing software, or in a least squares adjustment package where I combine the GPS and conventional observations. Microsurvey just gets the resulting coordinates. This is especially true on larger projects. Given the variety of equipment and data formats out there, and the either reluctance or inability of Microsurvey to support all that equipment, it's a tall order. It will be interesting to see how microsurvey tries to implement this if it goes ahead. It may be quite easy for them to do this for their field genius system.

Feedback and Knowledge Base