How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

To be able to change/scale straight/curvy leader arrowhead style

I use basic straight or curvy leaders alot on my maps, and you can't change the arrowhead style like a dimension arrow... the canned leader-arrowhead is a polyline, un-editable, and it's too long and skinny, it looks bad and just doesn't work for me. total pain, I've been starting with the multi-leader command using my own arrowhead, or an aligned dimension, but you need to explode, edit the text out etc... then copy/paste/edit/scale etc until it's the way I want it. C&G and Eaglepoint had some nice leader features.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bls8464 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds like alot of work. I just use the scale button in the MS TIES tool bar.

• fjt_aus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use use the straight/curvy leader command either. For exactly the same reasons (ugly). Here's what I do:
        *Set up a DIMENSION (in your template dwg). You will need to change the comprehensive scale factor when you first start a new job to be the same as your chosen MSCad job scale.
        *Cad Tools>Customise>Toolbars tab. Select Dimensioning category and then drag the LEADER tool onto your drawing space. Close the Customise box and then place your Leader tool wherever you want.

You now have one button to insert leaders which can be straight, curvy and annotated or not. Give it a go.

Feedback and Knowledge Base