How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

Leave entity snaps alone when running different functions.

For example, when i run 2-point inverse my entity snaps automatically change to endpoint, point and intersection. This is very frustrating as the 2-point inverse won't even let me inverse from the end of a line. It would be nice if the program would either just leave the snaps alone or at least only enable the snaps that make sense for a function.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave Duddy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DanElder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that many of the times, as I am inversing, I turn off all but say nodes because i do not want it to attach itself to an end point or intersection but it automatically turns it back on for the next point which is annoying to have to go back to the entity snaps and shut them off every time. (I think that is also what Dave is saying) Oh and thank you for the inverse to any point!!! this is awesome!!!! I will not have to touch my calculator any more.

• Dave Duddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I think that I would almost rather have the snap settings left alone by the program. It will be nice to be able to inverse from any points though.

• AdminBrian Sloman (Development Manager, MicroSurvey Software Inc.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, normally the snaps we set are meant to help and should be appropriate for the function. In this case, currently only the Node snap makes sense but as of the next update you will be able to use any point in the drawing with the 2-point inverse tool. Knowing this change is coming, would you still prefer to leave the snaps untouched during the inverse command, or are the current snap settings going to be more appropriate?

Feedback and Knowledge Base