How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

Better Manipulation of Annotation Data

Being able to control how the program annotates "automatically" would be a great time saver to make the final plat cartographically pleasing. The command MSTools | Subdivision / House Design | Label Lot Number and Area for example; When you use this it rotates to the front of the lot and I believe that it should have the option to change the default rotation to, say, 0°. It should also be able to change the order of the text as Lot number should come first in the list and not last. I would also like to make the individual texts of the label each a different font so that LOT number was bold. We should also be able to change the Leading word "LOT" as we see fit as some times I prefer the term Tract and I don't use all caps as this is an antiquated practice and has been proven that mixed case is easier to read and more compact.

I would also like to see curve text that works similar to line text in that you could label an arc with the data stacked on either or both sides of the line without it "stretching" to fit the curve.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Timothy J Howell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base