How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

"Ghosting" Ms-Point Numbers, Point Nodes

Hi I work in high rise residential concrete form work.My proposal is as feature called GHOSTING.This feature is designed for the purpose of hiding the Ms points on the screen and when printing out a layout page. Ex. high rise has many floor levels and in many jobs the level are differed from one to the other. Working on level 1 layout of wall/cols, and slab edge, Ms points are created for layout purposes. Now level two, importing or transferring the same Csv. file from level one with all data base coordinates unchanged to level two, the walls/cols, and SE are different from the level below, so the Ms points don't match the floor plate. Ok... here is a simple way to keep the same Csv. file for the floor levels with out making a new one. Open Active coordinated editor, have a "Ghosting" column, with a check box for the point numbers, select check box and the row of the point number is phased out, (slightly visible). Close Active coordinate editor, view drawing on the screen, and that Ms point, and point node is not visible, but is still part of the Csv. file. Now says you are creating new points, and point protection is "on", point protection pane notice pops-up showing options. On that pane notice shows the Phrase P.I. ## "Ghosted". Oh... what to do to find the location of that point number, select Point Identifier on the Ms Tools, and also zoom to point feature, with the "Ghosting" still active. Review if point is still need or not.
P.S. this "Ghosting" feature is very useful because there are times when u have know on site traverse points and side shot which are on different levels, and also grid line point this will be on a different sheet, this will clear up the printable layout sheet, and have the same Csv. file.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sandro Roque shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google