How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

Adjustment Improvements

MSCAD doesn't adjust (angle and compass) FG data very well. SS measurements from occupy points aren't scaled properly and any measurements after the FS close point mess up the adjustment.

Due to the limitations there seems to be only 2 ways to adjust the data. 1) Edit the traverse file to only include the main traverse stations, adjust, lock the main traverse points and recoordinate the original traverse file. This process can be very time consuming. 2) Create an existing point traverse, adjust, lock the main traverse points and recoordinate the original traverse file. The existing point traverse seems to be the fastest method however it is still less than ideal. I would like to see some changes to the process.

1) Make the adjustment program more robust so it can handle complex traverse files correctly

2) Make traverse file editing easier. I would like to be able to automatically extract the main traverse data (station data) to a new traverse file. I would also like to be able to merge traverse files inside MSCAD. After adjustment I would also like to be able to automatically lock the main traverse points. If the user forgets to lock 1 point blunders will be introduced.

3) Make a new existing point traverse program (no SS data). I would like to be able to enter a list of points and have the program create the traverse file. I would also like to be able to automatically extract main traverse pointnumbers from the traverse file. When the main traverse is adjusted an option would be good to scale to ground distances if the points are coordinated in grid. Once the traverse is adjusted I would like to be able automatically lock the points.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ryan Doherty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google