How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

let us configure mouse buttons, like we could on 2002

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MARSHALL TOMLINSON shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coming from cad, I am getting extremely frustrated at the fact that I cannot reassign mouse commands linked to the left and right clickers. Ie, left click will select the entity you wish to manipulate, right click enables the enter key when an entity is selected, shift+right click with an entity selected brings up a list of options that one may wish to perform (trim, extend, perpenicular, rotate, etc. Increases efficiency.

While getting a new mouse is an option, its a weak one at that.

• Joe Kinrade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the option to (left click + right click) set to a specific command as well as (left + center) & (center + right) for those most commonly used commands

• Grodon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get a Logitech mouse. The software easily lets you set the button assignments for any program or globally. And if you get the MX1000, it's a 10 button plus wheel. I use every button, just took a week or so to get used to the assignments but now I don't even think about what I'm clicking. Unfortunately, I'm lost on someone else's computer without the same mouse so I bought one for every computer I use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base