MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

1. Point Removal

We really would like to see the ability that would allow the user to easily "remove" certain points from the drawing to clear up certain areas without removing the points permanently from the database . We find that it is way more time consuming trying to separate elevation grid points from topographic points by creating multiple layers and or freezing the layers point number, description and elevation. LDD worked that way and we would like to see something like that worked into the program.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle point elements (no., elev., desc.) on or off

I am new and maybe this has been talked about. I would like to see the ability as autocad will allow you to select a point and only display the description and select an different point and only display the elevation for example. I use this regarding topo surveys that certain points I would like to show the elevation, but not the number or description, but other places I would like the description to show but not the other two.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Select by Description

The three option to pick from are very nice.
    We need one more. For the program to remember the last Four
    Descriptions typed in. It remembers the last pick, but I like to see a list of the last four to pick from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. google earth

Allow the user to export all CAD entities to Google Earth not just database items.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show all observations from a DBX file in the Active Traverse Editor

I need to have the ability to see the sets of angles from a Leica DBX file produced by an MS 50 in the Active Traverse Editor and have the ability to edit any of the of sets or individual observations within a set. Also have the editor compute the statistical values of the each set and the combination of all sets/observations and have the ability to comment out (not use and not remove
    ) an angle set or a single observation.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mapper Print image

Mapper Print image

Mapper is a new program that lets you load a image.
    We are surveying a golf course. We have image of the new design of the golf holes have laid out on the ground. The want to see are survey and how it looks over the image. We need to PRINT image and survey. There is no point to having Mapper if you can't print it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Toggle automatic point creation ON/OFF

When creating objects through COGO, points are automatically created at the end of the object. When working on a road design for example, it would be convenient to have the option to toggle the auto points creation ON/OFF. It creates more control for the user as to where they want points. If a change is wanted for an object, you can change the object but the points remain in the same spot, which is a hassle considering these points were never necessary in the first place.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically Save files in parent folder of drawing

When saving/exporting and ascii file, or dxf or any other file, the save box come up and most of the time has as the 'save in' option to a previous folder and not the same folder that the drawing you are working on is in.
    Is there anyway that when saving any files, the default 'save in' folder is the same and the drawing folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. chainage

MSAnnotate/Chainage should work on MSDesign Alignments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set ups Shown in Point Cloud from Static Scans

I think a great enhancement to the point cloud functionality would be to have the ability to see the setup position by showing a tripod at the true HI. This would facilitate the ease of locating yourself in the cloud and determine if there are any issues with gaps in the data set. Also link it to the camera/image for viewing. I have completed some scans with the Leica MS50 and can see this would be most helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom Point Coding

Would like to see the ability to create custom point coding for AutoMAP line work other than the XYZ, SDR or AIMS methods. Being able to tell AutoMAP what coding to use for start or end line, curves, etc. would allow new users to have coding that fits their current field practice. Example:
    + Begin Line
    - End Line
    PC = Point of Curvature
    POC = Point on Curve
    PT = Point of Tangency
    / = Intersect
    * = Wildcard

This would save time for the field crews not having to learn a new coding method especially when running multiple…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. plss

Hi,

I am a CFedS in the States, which means I work in the US Public Land system and I use your software. Can you please implement the couple (really just a few) calculations necessary to restore corners in the PLSS?
    Great product by the way.

J. Alex Kelser, PLS, CFedS

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add N & E label for point - build straight or curved leader option into this function

Same request for add Lat/Long label for point. These functions could probably be combined, streamlined and enhanced to be much more effective.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MSPOINTS and CAD commands, such as MOVE, ROTATE - make "Previous Selection" persist

CAD commands such as MOVE, ROTATE, SCALE, ALIGN can be super convenient for coordinate manipulations, as it is possible to maintain the relationship between all non-smart objects. A problem exists because of the need to do this in steps, as "PREVIOUS SELECTION" seems to include everything previously selected, EXCEPT the MS point nodes. It would be great if this was made to work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MS Survey - Drawing an Arc -

We need to develop a method of drawing an arc using the 2 end points of a given line and a radius. The radius can then be changed to give the arc different shape and size. Option should be included for long or short arc and should also allow for the arc to be flipped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add prefix, suffix option to bearing labeling.

Add prefix, suffix option to bearing labeling. Under MSAnnotate > Labeling Defaults > Distance there is an option to add a prefix and a suffix to the distance text. Can you add the same option to the Bearing labeling defaults?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Free Adjustment

Most of the software for adjustment has option for free network adjustment - no constrained. I think that is very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Global Mapper

When I use a USER Defined coordinate system Global Mapper does not run. Please add support for User Defined Systems.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please give us the ability to render an animation with a point cloud that has been clipped with your clipping box feature.

Please give us the ability to render an animation with a point cloud that has been clipped with your clipping box feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MicroSurvey CAD

Feedback and Knowledge Base