MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

How can we improve MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, or embeddedCAD?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Better Manipulation of Annotation Data

Being able to control how the program annotates "automatically" would be a great time saver to make the final plat cartographically pleasing. The command MSTools | Subdivision / House Design | Label Lot Number and Area for example; When you use this it rotates to the front of the lot and I believe that it should have the option to change the default rotation to, say, 0°. It should also be able to change the order of the text as Lot number should come first in the list and not last. I would also like to make the individual texts…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. edition your software‘s book to Persian language

I am Saeed Keramat , university student in branch of surveying engineer from Iran. i worked by several designing software such as (land desktop-2000-2009 & SDR Map 6.5 and more ...) ;
    I had acquainted with your software about 3 months ago.it have easy usage for anybody and with creativity designing. In cause I am translating application help into Farsi
    Also a exposition will establish in Iran. So I want edition your software‘s book to Persian language and also I want you let me represent your software in surveying Exhibition
    If you tend i can send you this translate files…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Ghosting" Ms-Point Numbers, Point Nodes

Hi I work in high rise residential concrete form work.My proposal is as feature called GHOSTING.This feature is designed for the purpose of hiding the Ms points on the screen and when printing out a layout page. Ex. high rise has many floor levels and in many jobs the level are differed from one to the other. Working on level 1 layout of wall/cols, and slab edge, Ms points are created for layout purposes. Now level two, importing or transferring the same Csv. file from level one with all data base coordinates unchanged to level two, the walls/cols, and SE…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto create linework from template created in profile slices

Be able to create a template while in profile slices and have the slicer auto matically move forward through the cloud and best fit the template to the cloud. Having an entered alignment for the profile slices to follow normally to may make the proceedure easier.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow creation of a parallel line at specified distance from line being created in Point Cloud

Allow a parallel polyline draped to the point cloud to be created concurrent with a polyline being picked from points in the cloud. Also it would help to pick points if you know the rubberbanded distance from the last picked point even in profile slice view.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. drape entered alignment to point cloud so profile slicer can follow normal to it

drape entered alignment to point cloud so profile slices can follow normal to it automatically at specified intervals. Allow points created or selected from the slice to have different descriptions without having to save each different description set before changing descriptions. This would greatly enhance the extraction of linework from the cloud

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide an option to Delete Coordinate History for a range of points

In some cases, the history becomes irelevant, so I'd like to clear it so that it IS relevant from that particular point forward

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Vertical Faces, Walls & Real World Instances

MSCAD needs to have the ability to have vertical faces and other solid objects, put into the drawings via points, or manual methods. The Tin needs to be able to recognize these objects, or at the very least treat them in a manner that is to be ignored without cuasing error. The Tin could just run right into a solid object (such as a water channer shear retaining wall) then move along the face of the object if need be befor picking up the next survey point. This would make area calculations potentially easier. Especially if you can then set…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a method for displaying fractional dimensions

Canadian Surveyor, working primarily in metric. I'd like to be able to set up a "Distance Style" to display smart labels in architectural units, as in, feet and fractional inches. I can easily make a plot with scaled dimensions, but getting these to display correctly with fractions for a home builder is not so easy or convenient. I'd like to be able to easily do this without having to make a separate file, and completely changing the job configuration to do so.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAD Line Computations - Scale issue

This request refers the CAD Line Computations when a line is selected. In the "Traverse" or "Turned Angle" routines there is an issue with the entered distance when using an input scale factor. If I enter a distance of 100 and select OK the distance changes to the scaled distance so If I use the same distance again I have to re-enter the distance or the distance will be scaled again. I would like the distance to remain 100 and have the scale calculations performed in the background.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Compute Stakes - scale factor

I would like the "Compute Stakes" routines to use the input scale factor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the output format for Legal Description Writer customizable.

I would like to be able to control what terms and variables are used to write legal descriptions. The format it uses for curves is not used at all around here. Arc length, radius, and chord bearing/distance would be nice.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 30-day demo period 2 short 4 typical college course length. Renew 30d via Professor's request?

College level courses are typically 15 weeks in length. How about renewing 30d demo periods on a student-by-student basis via a request sent to Microsurvey by College Prof's. MsCad verify class lists via college registration perhaps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ACE Additions

1) The ability to select by common description. I know we can sort then select but this would be only one step.
    2) The ability to then place symbols and control their scale via those description selected. Sort of like AutoMAP but for small jobs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Incorporate into MicroSurvey's Volumetric calculations the ability to Produce a Mass Haul Diagram.

Incorporate into MicroSurvey's Volumetric calculations the ability to Produce a Mass Haul Diagram.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjustment Improvements

MSCAD doesn't adjust (angle and compass) FG data very well. SS measurements from occupy points aren't scaled properly and any measurements after the FS close point mess up the adjustment.

Due to the limitations there seems to be only 2 ways to adjust the data. 1) Edit the traverse file to only include the main traverse stations, adjust, lock the main traverse points and recoordinate the original traverse file. This process can be very time consuming. 2) Create an existing point traverse, adjust, lock the main traverse points and recoordinate the original traverse file. The existing point traverse seems to…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "quick pick" bearing and or distance.

okay so what I envision is is a little box about the size of the "hot toggles" box.

This would have a greid in it, with 4 "lines"
    each line has a name, that you can define with what ever you want it could be "1-30" or "SE" or "north section road" or anything.

THEN in cogo when asks for either a bearing or distance, you can click this box , and it would enter for you either the bearing or distance as the case may be.

A curve might also be used.

The problem this would solve is this..... …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MicroSurvey CAD

Feedback and Knowledge Base