MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

MicroSurvey CAD

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. There are a lot of physical features in Google Earth which indicate the extent of ownership. The edge of a clear cut can indicate where a blazed line may exist, a row of trees between two farm fields can indicate an old fence. These features, which may be located on the east coast, can mean long standing occupation which can also be extent of title. if we can pull this coordinates into MSCAD then we have a starting point to get going in the field. A tremendous value.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Working in high rise residential I'm setting up multiple targets on surrounding buildings. I must shoot the targets from multiple ground set-ups from ground controls given from the surveyor. When coordinating these targets from different set-ups I get slight errors in distance, elevation, and northing/eastings so I need to average these points. I do this manually. I would like to select the points in model space with window select or active coordinate editor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. dropper lines at specified interval to be drawn and offsets and levels written automatically after cross-section is generated from surface

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I constantly find myself trying to match text rotation to that of an adjacent line. It would really speed up drafting to have a simple command where I can click a line as reference and then the text/mtext and have it rotate to match.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ADD BUTTON (PICK BOTH WITH SWAP)
    The Swap button would only used for mistakes instead of more then
    half the picks in a drawing.

After doing more then 600 closures there must be a way to speed up
    entry.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include a predefined Wet Land/Swamp Hatch Pattern with the rest of the hatch patterns already included with MSCAD 2010 & 2013.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The limit is far too small for the type of surveys done with UAV's. I want to set it to find the points and come back in the morning and have it done. At present I need to do it in blocks forcing me to sit and manage the whole process instead of setting it and walking away. I would like to be able to do 5km square area at a 2m grid. I appreciate it will take a while (the 2015 version would get it done in a couple of days)
    Alternately if that cant be done, when setting…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Revert MSCAD2013 Entity Property Window to behave like it did with MSCAD2010. Please refer to this thread:

http://www.microsurvey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2319

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add points coordinates in The Cluster report

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I can't connect NIKON NIVO 3C. I tryed with hirose cable from Sokkia and internal bluetooth. Field Genius 8 demo version. Please revise connection options when blocked screen for failure in touch screen!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Being able to just pick a TIN line and move it to another point or creating a new line. Modifying a line. And let MS create all needed contouring layers automatically. Updating new contour lines without starting all over.
    Geez this contouring package is terrible. About 15 years behind the others.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would like to see another column in the Active Coordinate Editor that shows a check if a point is in the currently selected surface model.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to pick the end of the line and have the direction of the bearing you need in the table , appears its labeled based on the direction of the line as drawn . This is a pain with big tables.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Similar to the Linear Regression or Best fit curve routines, the Helmert's Transformation routine should allow for points to be weighted. This is useful when I have a few not as solid points with other well known fixed points. I can give the better points more weight in the transformation and let the shakier things have more of the residuals. It should be easy to implement since there is already a basic weight matrix in every helmert's transformation.

Along this line you could incorporate other ideas on the forum, such as being able to constrain the rotation, shift, singular point,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would love to see an extra option in automap that would let us specify a distance between points to ignore drawing line work.

For instance, when I run automap, if our field crews have used the same code between finishing in one place and moving to another, I'll get lines that go across my drawing. I would like to be able to specify to the program that I would like it to ignore a distance of x between two point with the same codes.

So if they picked up a driveway using DWAT1 then moved down the road 50 meters…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Very annoying having to turn the grips off and click on the node to view the point number, desc, elev when working in paper space viewports when there are several points very close together.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice as a remote user to check a licence out from the network. A set amount of time would be ideal. Say 8-12 hours.

The problem currently is that if you drop network connection, even for a minute, Microsurvey will shutdown. I also suspect that the program is constantly calling home to the server to verify your licence, this I believe is causing stuttering(momentary freezing) in the program while it waits for the licensing server to respond.

On a WAN this is very frustrating as if your connection isn't rock solid, you get booted multiple times in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue with the MSCAD 2016 shutting down after a momentary network drop has been addressed in the upcoming MSCAD 2016 SP1 update so it will be more forgiving in this type of scenario.

However, I agree that checking out a network license would be a useful feature for many reasons and this is something we will be looking into in a future update.

19. There is a feature in new embeddedCad that allows to import raw data likeLeica DBX and other formats. However it is never used in the office because when importing .rw5 file the program allows the option to edit data BUT when you import traverse data in formats like Leica DBX it doesn't allow for it and you don't get to look at the data before in gets implemented into the drawing which can be a disaster when the traverse data contains Stored Points and duplications. It would be nice to be able to edit the traverse data on importing before…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be a way in the symbol librarian to apply a symbol to multiple points via either windowing, or through typing Pt#..Pt#. Sometimes we want to add symbols to a series of points that are not coded correctly, or the drawing will serve dual purposes. While AutoMap allows for symbols to be added to all points of a certain description it does not handle manual exclusion well.

For instance if I want to show a cross symbol at points top50 to top100 but not points top1..top49 because they are in a different area I should be able to just…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?