MicroSurvey CAD

Welcome to the MicroSurvey CAD feedback and ideas forum. This forum is for you to use to offer us feedback about features you would like added or improved.

You have 25 votes that can be used, a minimum of one vote is needed per feature request. You can also use your votes towards existing features that other users have requested.

After a feature has been implemented, you will get your votes back to apply to new or other existing features.

MicroSurvey CAD

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. drape entered alignment to point cloud so profile slices can follow normal to it automatically at specified intervals. Allow points created or selected from the slice to have different descriptions without having to save each different description set before changing descriptions. This would greatly enhance the extraction of linework from the cloud

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. College level courses are typically 15 weeks in length. How about renewing 30d demo periods on a student-by-student basis via a request sent to Microsurvey by College Prof's. MsCad verify class lists via college registration perhaps.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Canadian Surveyor, working primarily in metric. I'd like to be able to set up a "Distance Style" to display smart labels in architectural units, as in, feet and fractional inches. I can easily make a plot with scaled dimensions, but getting these to display correctly with fractions for a home builder is not so easy or convenient. I'd like to be able to easily do this without having to make a separate file, and completely changing the job configuration to do so.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In some cases, the history becomes irelevant, so I'd like to clear it so that it IS relevant from that particular point forward

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This request refers the CAD Line Computations when a line is selected. In the "Traverse" or "Turned Angle" routines there is an issue with the entered distance when using an input scale factor. If I enter a distance of 100 and select OK the distance changes to the scaled distance so If I use the same distance again I have to re-enter the distance or the distance will be scaled again. I would like the distance to remain 100 and have the scale calculations performed in the background.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like the "Compute Stakes" routines to use the input scale factor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1) The ability to select by common description. I know we can sort then select but this would be only one step.
    2) The ability to then place symbols and control their scale via those description selected. Sort of like AutoMAP but for small jobs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MSCAD doesn't adjust (angle and compass) FG data very well. SS measurements from occupy points aren't scaled properly and any measurements after the FS close point mess up the adjustment.

Due to the limitations there seems to be only 2 ways to adjust the data. 1) Edit the traverse file to only include the main traverse stations, adjust, lock the main traverse points and recoordinate the original traverse file. This process can be very time consuming. 2) Create an existing point traverse, adjust, lock the main traverse points and recoordinate the original traverse file. The existing point traverse seems to…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Incorporate into MicroSurvey's Volumetric calculations the ability to Produce a Mass Haul Diagram.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. okay so what I envision is is a little box about the size of the "hot toggles" box.

This would have a greid in it, with 4 "lines"
    each line has a name, that you can define with what ever you want it could be "1-30" or "SE" or "north section road" or anything.

THEN in cogo when asks for either a bearing or distance, you can click this box , and it would enter for you either the bearing or distance as the case may be.

A curve might also be used.

The problem this would solve is this..... …

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am often shooting a set of targets, points or evidence that I would like to number starting from "1" or "A" up to as many points as I need. Usually this means that I have the description like "Target" followed by a number or letter. For example, "Target A". As I shoot each subsequent target, I need to keep incrementing the description, so I thought it might be easy enough to have a check box that automatically keeps incrementing the letter or number following the descriptor.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Survey Road/ MH covers WITHOUT surveying all four corners?
    I know that in AutoMAP you can insert a symbol and have it scaled & rotated to previous point. Although the centre of the symbol go onto the point instead of a corner,( if you where inserting a square or rectangle).But its a shame that after surveying say two of the corners you can just then code with a width say .600mm and the above rotine could then draw the rest of the line work. You could also say .600 for CW and -.600 CCW.
    Unless someone has a better way…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow bearings with no 00" to work.
    Change colour of closure to yellow or green, not red.
    Make second window of bearing and distance. Save file options, Name of project. Name of lots, Let all lots saved in a project file. I like to see 4 lot closures on one page and not 1 per page. Pick all ,pick C24 and it picks all the data that in the curve table.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be nice to have 'select all' in the remove bearing and remove distance from database commands. When I have a plan finished, I don't want to have to worry about the bearing and text edits I've done for comparing to other plans change if I rescale or erase a line that I wanted the dimensions to stay.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Most plans I work on have curves and/or polylines as boundaries. Would be nice to be able to add dimensioning arrows with the button in the MS Labels1 toolbar.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. traverses are being calculated as closed loops, they are entered one closed loop follow by another. radiation shots can be entered later.
    sdr traverse spreadsheet is very handy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The program should give us the option of automatically drawning directional arrows when labeling bearings

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current routines have not been upgraded in years, despite previous promises to make these far more robust. Let's expand the road layout and manhole/catch basin design options!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?